Fall in love with art not people.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Poem for English

Two for One

The black that covered me was the clock of death
It seemed to follow as I sat on the velvet booth
I was an anon tucked away in the corner
Wanting to helplessly blend in


The salt from the tears of grieving overpowered
It reminded me of a place we visited long ago
Off the drifting cost of Boston
Where you are dancing against the current


My own salted tears started to from
The driplets had web down my spidery lashes
Till the black began to slide across deathly pale checks
Mixing in with the darkness of my dress


He’s suppose to be here
I swear it was not true
He is just sleeping
Just dreaming of a better life


The clicking of stilettos boomed through the scene unfolding
The aroma of black on her dress startled me
Oh how her eyes digged into my shrinking frame
A growing furious tornado seemed to consume me
As my finger tips clung deep in the smooth velvet
Jane Doe took her stand with head high
Thanking all the angels who appeared
All while wishing of a beautiful death
It seems to always unfold in that dark way


Her head seemed to spin around the words too young
Seul le plus grand meurent jeunes
Actually I much recall not that at all
The dull black hair seemed to dance
Dance along to an unhearable beat
The beat of her body convulsing into tears


I had similar feelings
I ached to the core of my bones
The rain will come to greet us soon I knew
Just as death has already made his grand entrance


When people die you could certainly go visit
Of course I’ve never done it before
The cigarette news I had already received made me cough
A violent cough laced with a promise
A promise of a reunion soon to come


Jane Doe will never show her weakness
Why would I?
How could she?


Jane Doe why must you be so cruel
Jane Doe why must you be the darkness in me

No comments:

Post a Comment