Fall in love with art not people.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fear



                                                    Fear


Fear is what haunts an individual at night. Fear is what keeps someone from obtaining something that they truly want. It could be many things. Fear of rejection. Fear that someone will outshine you. Fear that you'll never truly be good enough.
When growing up your fears usually relate to being scared of the dark or being deathly afraid of clowns. It’s not till you experience life as you age that you realize what true fear is. Fear can drive you insane. Or ruin your chances.
As I grow up and mature I realize all the times that my fears have gotten in the way of something that I truly wanted. I gave up dreams for the fear that I will fail. I lost my most healthy relationship I've ever been in because my own fears of abandonment. I even gave up the life I wanted for fear of rejection from my own family.
The more I realize what fear has done to me the more I want to get past all my fears. Yet is that even obtainable. Could someone ever get over fear?  Maybe as you age someone could get over the fear of the dark or their fear of spiders yet what about fear as a whole. Could someone go against human nature and completely get over fear itself? I don't believe so.
I think that no matter how much someone wants to be fearless its impossible. It would be going against human nature in every way possible. How can someone overcome something that the moment they were born they had deep within them.

So if fear is impossible to shake what should someone do? Well I think like most things that you can't change you must just learn to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment