Fall in love with art not people.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Last Blog Post

  • Which in class writing was your favorite? Why? I believe my favorite class writing was when we were able to give our own definition of our favorite words. This was my favorite because I was able to use a more creative side in my writing style than I was able to in other writings.

  • Which in class writing was your least favorite? Why? I usually am one to enjoy most of my writings because I put so much thought into each writing but if I had to choose one I would say that my least favorite was the Bagel Showdown writing. I normally don't enjoy writing silly pieces so this one was my least favorite to write just because there wasn't any depth in it. 

  • Review all your writing chronologically (earliest to latest). List three interesting observations or changes in your writing. Which are the most profound (obvious and important)? Why? Three observations or changes in my writing overtime are my writings are more positive than earlier in the semester, I'm using a more creative writing approach to ever piece, and  I add more details than previously. The more profound one to me is that my writings are more positive in nature than previously. This is important because it shows how as a person I have started to feel more comfortable with myself and less consumed with all the negative in my life.  

  • If you could change anything about your writing this semester what would it be? Why? If I could change anything about my writings it would be for them to be longer. I sometime found it hard to stay focused on one topic while writing so in return my writings are not as long as I wish they would be. I think the longer the piece the more opportunity that you are able to come up with creative ways to word details and express how you feel. 

  • What did you like best about this course? I liked how this course was my class of the day to release all the stress and bad energy I had before entering the room. It wasn't a class I had to worry about or stress that my skills were not antiquate for the course. 
  • What did you like least about this course? I disliked the fact that we didn't really get involved with poetry. As a writer poetry is something I'm extremely passionate about and love so when I don't get to express myself in poetry during the course of an English class I'm slightly disappointed. 

  • What would you have done differently this semester if you could have a do-over? If I could re-due anything this semester it would have been to write more than I have. I had an extreme case of writers block all semester and it really effect how I dealt with my stress so I wish I could have written more in this class an outside of class. 

  • What did learn about yourself as a student, a thinker, a writer this semester? I have learned that it is hard for me to write on command. I never really had an English teacher who had me write every morning so when I was faced with that I realized that if I don't feel like writing that day nothing will come out of it. 

  • What could I, Ms. A., have done differently to improve the course? The only thing that I would say in the topic of improving this course is to have given us time to revise our I believe speeches so we could change our grades with them if possible. While saying that though I completely understand that with the hard times your family is going through editing a bunch of papers quickly is not of main concern.
  •  
  • You begin this course with an engagement and participation score of an A.  Attendance, participation in activities and group work help you to maintain this grade.  Evaluate yourself and assign yourself a grade for the in class portion of this course.  Don’t forget the reasoning behind your self assigned grade. If I were to assign myself a grade for the in class portion of this class I would give myself an A. I would give myself an A because up until last week I had great attendance and even risked my cars life driving in the snow on a couple occasions. Also I am completely out of my comfort zone while participating in group activities so for being so uncomfortable I believe I did well with them. These two things along with keeping up with the assignments in this class I believe I deserve an A in the class portion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment